This pipe allows you to remove the restrictive DPF filter which is fitted to all modern diesel engines.
The DPF or diesel particulate filter is fitted in the exhaust and catches soot and other diesel particulates, these filters have to go through a regeneration every once in a while which is controlled by the ECU, this usually happens when the vehicle is on the motorway. If the vehicle has not been able to regenerate the filter for a while or there is a fault with the engine itself the filter will block up and initially cause a fault to appear on the dash board, if you continue to use the vehicle the filter can block completely causing the engine to stop running. A new filter from a dealer will often be £500 or more plus labour.
Removing the DPF allows the engine to breath more efficiently freeing up power and reducing fuel consumption, it also improves reliability.
This pipe is made from stainless steel and will come with everything you can see in the pictures.
Fits the below vehicles if you car was made on or after 2010,
- 2010–present Ford C-Max/Grand C-Max 1.6 TDCi, 115 PS (117 hp/85 kW) and 199 lb·ft (270 N·m)
- 2010–present Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi, 95 PS (94 hp/70 kW) and 156 lb·ft (212 N·m)
- 2010–2012 Ford Fusion (Europe) 1.6 TDCi, 90 PS (89 hp/66 kW) and 159 lb·ft (215 N·m)
- 2010–present Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi 90, 90 PS (89 hp/66 kW) and 159 lb·ft (215 N·m)
- 2010–present Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi 110, 109 PS (108 hp/80 kW) and 177 lb·ft (240 N·m)
- 2010–present Mazda2 MZ-CD 1.6, 90 PS (66 kW) and 212 N⋅m (156 lb⋅ft)
- 2010–present Mazda3 MZ-CD 1.6, 109 PS (108 hp/80 kW) and 177 lb·ft (240 N·m)
- 2010–2012 Volvo C30 D2 and DRIVe, 115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp) and 199 lb⋅ft (270 N⋅m)
- 2010–2012 Volvo S40 1.6D, 109 PS (108 hp/80 kW) and 177 lb·ft (240 N·m)
- 2010–2012 Volvo V50 1.6D, 109 PS (108 hp/80 kW) and 177 lb·ft (240 N·m)
- 2010–present Volvo S60/V60 1.6D, 115 PS (114 hp/81 kW) and 177 lb·ft (240 N·m)
- 2010–present Volvo V70 1.6D, 115 PS (114 hp/81 kW) and 177 lb·ft (240 N·m)
- 2010–present Volvo S80 1.6D DRIVe, 109 PS (107 bhp; 80 kW) and 177 lb·ft (240 N·m)
The pipe is a direct fit and will require no physical modifications to the vehicle, however the car will need to have the ECU remapped otherwise the EML light will probably show and cause the car to go into a limp mode. Please note that the pipe connections can be slightly different depending on your vehicle.
NB: PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE IS NOT A DEFINITIVE LIST, ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE ORDERING IF YOU ARE UNSURE ON FITMENT. MIGHT REQUIRE SOME VEHICLE MODS AND SLIGHT ADAPTATION TO FIT YOUR VEHICLE.
To be sure of fitment check the number of the DPF currently fitted to the vehicle has part number : AV61-5H270-PA stamped into the side of the filter and ensure your car has the flex section. If the filter on your car does not have the flex section this will not fit even though it looks very similar.
This pipe is not road legal in the UK, for other countries please contact your appropriate government department.